Everyone these days wants to save time and money when it comes to home maintenance costs. One of the easiest ways to prevent an expensive bill—and a prolonged hassle at your home involving insurance adjusters and contractors—is to schedule regular roof cleaning in Jacksonville, FL. Preventative maintenance services like roof cleaning help you do the following.
1. Extend the Life of Your Roof
With professionals providing you with roof cleaning in Jacksonville, FL, you can prevent damage that you might not notice right away. Roof cleaning can help avoid plenty of problems that steal years of life from your roof, like:
- Algae – Gloeocapsa magma can infest your roof, causing unsightly black stains, decay of your shingles, and increased costs to cool your home because the algae trap heat in your roofing.
- Mold – These fungal moisture deposits leave dark green, black, or brown areas of blight on roofing. Mold poses a major health risk to your family and can spread rapidly to other areas inside your home.
- Mildew – Poor drainage and moisture buildup on your roof cause pink, light gray, or black mildew deposits. This type of damage can contribute to decay of roofing materials and put the health of your family at risk.
- Lichens and Moss – The root systems of these light or dark green plants dislodge waterproofing asphalt on shingles. Also, these plants trap moisture on your roof and can cause shingles to warp, bend, or separate.
2. Maintain the Value of Your Home
The curb appeal of your house goes a long way toward determining its worth. Black streaks of roof algae or colonies of moss will discolor your roofing and impact the favorable look, functionality, and overall value of your home.
If you are considering selling your home, the difference in the amount of money you could receive from a buyer will likely outweigh the costs of arranging for regular roof cleaning in Jacksonville, FL.
3. Ensure Compliance with a Warranty
Many home warranties include a provision that makes regular roof cleaning mandatory to maintain the policy protections. If you do not satisfy the requirements of your home warranty, you risk having your insurance decline or reducing payments to cover the cost of roof repair or replacement when you need it. Replacing a roof will cost you a lot more money than bills for preventative maintenance like roof cleaning.
4. Save Money on Insurance
Often, insurance companies send out inspectors to see how well you are maintaining your home. Therefore, you could see your policy premiums rise if an inspector reports that your roof is in a state of disrepair. Consequently, the increased cost for insurance covering the life of your roof can become a significant expense as it ages.
Contact As New Again Pressure Washing to extend the life of your roof and eliminate the unnecessary cost of premature roof replacement. Call us now at 904-881-9743, complete our online contact form, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment or receive a free quote.