Purchasing and installing pavers is a good way for homeowners to add their style to their driveways. Unfortunately, the constant exposure to outside elements may negatively impact your new additions over time, causing them to crack or fade. This degradation is especially prevalent in Florida because of frequent rain and blistering hot summers.
Additionally, there’s also the chance of certain liquids, like oil, staining your pavers and decreasing their aesthetic appeal. Fortunately, performing paver sealing in Jacksonville, FL, helps to keep your driveway in pristine condition. However, paver protections don’t last forever, and proper maintenance for sealants plays an integral part in keeping your driveway secure and reducing the need for paver repairs.
Benefits of Maintaining Paver Sealants
Applying new sealant when necessary and repairing any breaks in your paver’s protection offers various benefits that keep your driveway functioning and looking good. These benefits include:
- Water Resistance – Constant exposure to rain or other water sources can lead to permanent stains and weakening within the pavers. Sealing services prevent water from affecting the material.
- Stain Resistance – Just as sealing can defend pavers from water, it can also keep other stains from setting as well. Maintaining their protection works to preserve wood and brick pavers safely.
- Heat Resistance – The consistent sunlight your pavers receive can cause them to fade and lose color over time. Proper maintenance on their sealant ensures that your driveway can keep its aesthetic appeal for years to come.
- Preventing Mold Growth – Paver sealing in Jacksonville, FL, also helps to protect against unwanted growths between the tiles. Florida can create ideal environments for organisms like mold and mildew, which can potentially affect the health of the home’s occupants.
- Aesthetic Improvement – When properly installed, paver sealing has a sleek, glossy finish that enhances the look of your driveway. There are also options to make the sealant look practically invisible or help bolster the colors of the pavers.
While paver sealing is helpful for your home, it does degrade over time. The shelf life can vary depending on the quality of the product, but a good rule of thumb is high-quality sealant requires replacement every 3 – 5 years, and low-quality sealant requires replacement every 2 – 3 years.
Professional Paver Sealing in Jacksonville, FL
While a do-it-yourself approach is possible when applying paver sealing in Jacksonville, FL, doing so is an involved process. There are many factors to watch out for that can impact the end product. For example, without professional assistance, you could quickly end up with a sealant that doesn’t fully protect your pavers and removes their visual appeal.
Thankfully, our employees here at As New Again Pressure Washing are experts at keeping the exterior of your home in tip-top shape. We have a full range of services, including pressure washing, exterior painting, paver sealing, and sealant maintenance.
We strive to provide all of our clients with top-quality paver sealing in Jacksonville, FL, so they won’t have to worry about driveway stains ever again.
If you’re looking for expert paver sealing in Jacksonville, FL, and other home improvement options, just call As New Again Pressure Washing at (904) 881-9743 and schedule your appointment today!